Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Benefits of a CSA Share?
- Satisfaction of helping the local economy
- The fulfillment of supporting and helping the growth of local and sustainable agriculture in your community.
- A close relationship between you and your local farmer
- A weekly package with a wide variety of fresh locally grown fruits and vegetables.
What are my ways to save?
Referral Rewards Program
As a CSA member you can refer friends and family to join our CSA. For every 1 referred friend, who successfully purchases a 2017 Spring-Autumn CSA share, you will earn the weekly value of your share. Refer another and you gain another free week to a maximum of 10 referrals. For every new member recruited you earn a week free.
CSA members can refer friends until July 31st, 2017 to take advantage of our Referral Rewards program.
At the end of our CSA season you can choose to re-invest your earnings back into purchasing a new share for the 2018 Spring-Autumn CSA season at a 10% discount or just enjoy your cash reward for all you hard work in supporting local agriculture!
Combine our Referral Rewards Program with one of the following Delivery Savings Programs to maximize your savings.
Delivery Savings Programs
Forsythe Farms CSA gives you the option to save money on your delivery fees by opting for one of the three Delivery Savings Programs listed below.
- Arrange for a group of six or more people to pick-up their shares from one location and you can each save $100 on your delivery fees.
If you are interested in arranging a pick-up location for a group of six or more people you must contact Rebecca Jeschke at email@example.com prior to signing up for the 2017 Spring-Autumn Produce shares.
- Individuals may come directly to Forsythe Family Farms to pick-up their share and save $100 on their delivery fees.
- Arrange for your weekly or bi-weekly CSA share to be picked-up at one of our Farmers’ Markets and save $100 on your delivery fees.
- Earn your free fruits and vegetables the easy way! We can make deliveries to your work place or office. A CSA is a great way build community and connection in your work place by sharing recipes and a common goal of supporting local agriculture.
- Set up your home as a designated CSA pick up point for your neighborhood, becoming the local hub for the CSA.
- Contact Rebecca for more information on how this all works. We would be happy to send you brochures to share amongst coworkers and friends.
Ways to Save Terms and Conditions
- Promotions are only available to those who subscribe to the CSA.
- Referral Rewards are only given to those currently subscribed.
- Referrals can be made till July 31st, 2017 or until the 2017 Spring-Autumn Share program reaches its maximum capacity.
- Refunds for rewards earned will be given by cheque on the member’s final CSA pick up date.
- Members choosing to reinvest will contact Rebecca firstname.lastname@example.org to set up their 2018 account.
- Members will earn rewards in proportion to their subscription size. Basic farm share members will earn 1 weeks value of $30 where Family Share members will earn a weekly value of $40.
- Individuals with Sample Share subscriptions are not eligible for the Referral Rewards or Delivery Savings Programs.
Where do I Pick Up my Share?
- Markham Farmers Market
Saturday mornings from 8am-1pm
(Main St. & Robinson St.)
- Whitby Farmers Market
Wednesdays from 9am-4pm
(201 Brock St. South, Whitby at the old fire hall
Do you do home delivery?
Yes, we deliver to the Markham-Stouffville area every Thursday
And to Whitby, Brooklin, Ajax, Oshawa every Friday
What happens if I forget to put out my bag on the delivery day?
If we come to deliver the vegetables and there is no bag at the door, we will leave the vegetables in a replacement ‘Forsythe Farms CSA’ bag, and place it at the doorstep. Upon the following delivery, we ask that you leave out the bag for us to collect. If you happen to lose, damage or do not return any of these, we will have to charge you the cost to replace them:
- The cost of an insulated Forsythe Farms CSA bag is $10.
Bags can only be delivered to one specified address. If the member is not home to receive their share they must notify us and an arrangement can be made to work around this. Ideally members can send a friend, family member, or co-worker to one of our farmers market locations to pick up the share.
Are you Organic?
We are not fully certified organic, but do include organic produce in our shares. Our own produce from the farm is GMO free as well as the produce we locally source from Ontario growers.
If you are unable to pick up your share one week. Please let one of us know and we can hold your share for you for the following week and double up when you return. You may also have a friend or relative pick up your share for you.